Leh is Also known as the “Land of High Passes” and it is also the Joint Capital and the largest town of the Union Territory of Ladakh, India. Ladakh is at an height of 11562 ft. Languages Spoken in Leh Ladakh are Ladakhi, Balti, Hindi and English. Ladakh trip Is a Dream for all the adventure lovers and almost for everyone and Ladakh is also in the bucket list of almost everyone.
Ladakh trip is an amazing mixture of snow -capped Mountains views , Beautiful Valleys and Water crossings. Leh Ladakh is the new tourist spot nowadays and because of the advancement of the infrastructure and Connectivity which made it more reachable and easy to commute and people are finally seeing the unexplored Ladakh and Ladakh has so much to offer from High passes to world’s Highest Motorable road , to River rafting in Ladakh .
When In Leh Ladakh Don’t forget to Visit the Pangong Lake. Pangong Lake is one of a kind of lake. It Is Located At 14,271 ft and the interesting Fact about this lake is that 25% of this Lake belongs to India And The Remaining 75%of the Lake belongs to China. It’s Worth Visiting this Place and if you are Visiting Pangong Lake make sure you stay there one night and enjoy the stargazing at night. The journey takes 5 hours and the speciality of this lake is that the color of this lake changes 2 to 3 times in a day.
Diskit Monastery is a Buddisht Monastery and one of the most famous Monasteries in Ladakh and is located at 10,315 ft and it has a Giant Maitreya Buddha Statue . Make sure you visit this when you are visiting Ladakh.
Royal Leh Palace
Leh Palace is Built in Leh and it was built for the royal family of Leh but unfortunately it was taken over . The Royal Leh Palace has 9 floors and the view from Leh palace is just amazing. Entire Ladakh is seen from the top of the palace , the Indus Valley and Zanskar range is also seen from the top of the palace. Make sure you visit the place while visiting Ladakh .
Khardungla is the world’s highest motorable pass and world’s Highest Motorable road . You can go to Khardung La by renting a Bike and driving it on your own or else you can rent a cab and go to the world’s Highest Motorable road . It is an opportunity of a Lifetime and Make sure you don’t miss this .
Nubra Valley is an amazing valley which is a cold dry region with Magnanimous Views and you can expect a snowfall while riding here and also in the months of April to august the entire valley fills with apricot trees and that is very Beautiful . Nubra Valley is a Paradise for Bike riders , because of the roads that give views just like the Grand Canyon in the USA . Make sure you rent a bike from Ladakh and ride it across The Nubra Valley .
Shanti stupa is the most famous Tibetan monument and it is known for its architecture and the surreal Beauty. It is located 2 hours from Ladakh on the Shanti stupa road . Visiting this place will make your body and mind attain Peace.
Leh Market is the Main market in the city and it has a lot of places to explore and shop the souvenirs and a lot of cafes where you can hangout and taste a nice variety of food.
River Rafting in Ladakh
River rafting in Ladakh is an extremely popular adventure sport . Ladakh River rafting has Grade 1 , Grade 2 and Grade 3 difficulty and the entire rafting takes almost 3 hours and the Journey will be from Phey To Nimmo and the Best time to do it is from The Month of June to the Month Of August.
Things to Carry On Your Trip
- Warm Clothes
- Route Map
- Backpacks (50-60 L)
- Thermal Innerwear
- Torch and Extra Batteries
- Powerbank , Chargers
- Hiking Shoes
- Walking Shoes
- Water bottle
- Basic Toiletries
- Toolkit for Bikes
This was all the information required for the Leh Ladakh trip.
Join the discussion on this topic with Trapiche Gamboa Blog by visiting our contact page
Leave a Reply